Labiaplasty Surgery in Miami, FL
Ever since “The Vagina Monologues,” women have become more empowered to care for themselves and their femininity.
While the meaning of the word femininity may vary widely for women due to the beautiful diversity among us, the ability to speak the words vagina, vulva, and labia with confidence has enabled all women to better control their feminine health.
Labiaplasty surgery offers a solution for women with enlarged labia who have suffered discomfort or self-consciousness during intimacy.
Dr. Rita Shats of Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center provides labiaplasty surgery in Miami and is committed to helping women regain comfort and confidence through sexual wellness treatments.Book Consultation
Am I a Candidate for Labiaplasty?
Women seeking labiaplasty surgery should fall into the following categories to be suitable for the surgery:
- Is at least 18 years old
- Has large skin folds that hang over the vaginal opening
- Has a labia that has become enlarged after childbirth
- Has an enlarged labia due to aging, sexual activity, or genetics
- Suffers discomfort while exercising, physical activity, or during sexual activity
- A prominent labia causes them to be self-conscious about having sexual intercourse
- An enlarged labia is causing genital infections and personal hygiene issues
- Experiences discomfort when wearing yoga pants, workout pants, and bathing suits
Why Should I Choose Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center for my Labiaplasty?
Our practice is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and the entire team at Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center is dedicated to the aesthetic and sexual health of women.
You can rely on Dr. Shats’s talent, experience, and extensive training as an aesthetic gynecologist to provide the expertise and compassion necessary to achieve your desired results.
Improved Vaginal Aesthetic | Increased Self-Confidence | Newfound Comfort During Intimacy
What Is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a plastic surgery procedure used to reduce the labia minora (inner labia), labia majora (outer labia), and the skin folds surrounding the vulva. The other terms used for labiaplasty are labia minora reduction and labial reduction.
Labiaplasty aims to reduce the size of the inner tissues of female genitalia so that it is more symmetric with the outer genital tissues.
How Is the Labiaplasty Procedure Performed?
Patients may receive local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia for the procedure, which involves shortening and reshaping the labia minora. The excess tissue is trimmed with a scalpel, wedge, or laser, and dissolvable stitches are used to suture and tighten the edges.
Labiaplasty can be performed with one of two methods:
- With the trim method, tissue is removed through an incision made along the edge of each labium lip
- With the wedge method, tissue is removed through a “V-shaped” wedge made in the labium
The surgery usually lasts between one and two hours, with patients typically going home the same day.
What Procedures Can Be Combined With Labiaplasty?
For an aesthetic makeover, you might consider asking the doctor to add one or more of the following procedures to your treatment plan:
You can also choose from our many non-surgical treatments, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dermal Fillers.
What Is Recovery From Labiaplasty Like?
Recovery from labiaplasty varies from person to person, with the average recovery time being one to two weeks. Most women can return to work or resume their normal routine at that time.
You will be able to leave the hospital on the same day of your labiaplasty and can expect to experience the following temporary symptoms:
- Pain or discomfort that is easily addressed with OTC or prescribed medication
- Bleeding, which can be controlled with sanitary pads
- Swelling in the treated area due to local anesthetic
Labiaplasty aftercare includes:
- Gentle cleaning of the surgical site and application of antibiotic ointment for two to three weeks
- Avoiding strenuous exercises for six to twelve weeks to expedite healing
- Avoiding sexual intercourse for six weeks after the surgery
- Avoiding tight clothes for a few weeks
- Attending the follow-up appointment a week after the surgery
What Results Can I Expect From Labiaplasty?
You can expect to see and feel a tighter, more compact vulva immediately after the surgery, with improvements continuing over time as swelling goes down.
Some of these results include:
- Dramatic reduction of excess skin
- Improved vaginal aesthetic
- Increased self-confidence
- Newfound comfort during intimacy
Labiaplasty is considered a permanent solution, but subsequent childbirth or trauma may complicate your results.
Interested in Labiaplasty in Miami?
Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center is committed to providing exceptional care with our highly skilled specialists and advanced technologies.
If you are interested in learning more about labiaplasty and live in or plan to travel to the Miami area, contact our cosmetic surgery practice at 954-507-6636 or fill out our online form to schedule your consultation.