Labiaplasty surgery in Hollywood, FL
For effective and lasting Labiaplasty surgery, trust the talented and experienced surgeons at Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Enjoy our special
- Valid until the end of 2021
- Procedure performed by the end of 2021
- Price includes Anesthesia, Facility and Surgeon’s fee
- BMI 35 Max
- No additional discounts
- Cannot be combined with other promotions
- Fat harvesting does not constitute liposuction of one area.
What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a plastic surgery procedure used to reduce the labia minora (inner labia), Labia majora (Outer Labia), and the skin folds surrounding the human vulva. The other terms used for Labiaplasty are labioplasty, Labia minora reduction, and labial reduction. Labiaplasty aims to reduce the size of the inner tissues of female genitalia to flush with the outer genital tissues. The external genitalia in the female body is commonly known as the vulva, which includes the outer labia, inner labia, clitoris, urethra, and vagina. The size, color, and shape of inner labia vary significantly due to aging, sexual arousal, childbirth, and genetics. Sometimes labia minora may be greater than the labia majora and may be hidden by outer labia. For many women, it’s visibly prominent, and they wish for its size reduction by aesthetic genital surgery. Women with Labiaplasty surgery complain discomfort in the aesthetic appearance of genital organs, and they may have the reason for intersex. Dr. Rita Shats, a very talented, experienced, and trained aesthetic gynecologist. Aesthetic and plastic surgery center Plus Cosmetics aims to be exceptionally efficient with advanced technologies and specialists who are among the world’s best.
Get detailed information about the Labiaplasty surgery services and the possibilities we offer you by filling out the contact form and let us get back to you as soon as possible.
OR call Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center today at 954-507-6636 to schedule your initial online consultation.
The procedure of Labiaplasty
The procedure of Labiaplasty involves the resection of labia from the outer edges and its aesthetic reshaping. The unwanted and enlarged tissues are cut away by using a scalpel, wedge, or laser. Delicate dissolvable stitches suture the loose edges. Various types of procedures are there depending upon the needs of the patients and their aesthetic goals. These techniques are as follow;
- Edge resection technique
- Central wedge resection technique
- De-epithelialization technique
- Labiaplasty with clitoris unhooding
- Laser Labiaplasty
- Labiaplasty by de-epithelialization
Who is an ideal candidate for Labiaplasty?
Patients who want to undergo Labiaplasty surgery must have the following reasons to be suitable for the surgery;
- Labia continue to grow after puberty, so consider having Labiaplasty after the age of 18 and above.
- A woman who doesn’t like the look of their labia and has noticeable skin folds over the vaginal opening.
- Women with enlarged labia due to childbirth, ageing, sexual activity, and genetics pass the candidacy criteria for Labiaplasty.
- Women who suffer difficulty exercising, sexual activity, physical activity, genital infections, and personal hygiene issues are suitable candidates for Labiaplasty.
- Labiaplasty is also ideal for women who feel difficulty wearing yoga pants, workout pants, and swimming costumes due to enlarged labia.
- Women who feel self-conscious about getting into sexual activities with their partners are also ideal for labioplasty surgery.
How to prepare for Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is an outpatient procedure and is carried out in a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility. Local or general anesthesia is given to the patient depending upon the plan of action a patient has discussed with the surgeon before surgery. The whole process takes an hour to complete, and patients are advised to follow post-operative care and follow-up regimens.
What to expect after Labiaplasty surgery?
- After Labiaplasty surgery, pain is controllable, and you will be able to leave the hospital on the same day.
- No vaginal packing or dressing will be required; the doctor will only advise sanitary pads to comfort the treated area.
- The patient may feel swelling in the treated area due to edema caused by an anesthetic agent applied before the procedure.
- Application of local antibiotic ointment and cleansing of the surgical wound will continue to observe two to three weeks after the surgery.
- The patient should avoid strenuous exercises and a workout routine for about six to twelve weeks to help heal the surgical wound.
- Tight clothes should also not to wear few weeks after the Labiaplasty surgery.
- Post Labiaplasty follow-up appointment is scheduled a week after the surgery.
- Avoid sex for about six weeks after the surgery.
Recovery from the Labiaplasty
Recover from the surgical procedure varies from person to person; however, the usual recovery time for Labiaplasty is one to two weeks, and most women can resume their routine after the said period.
Risks and complications
The patient must have realistic expectations from the surgical procedure’s outcome and the risks and complications associated with the procedure. Following are the risks and complications that might occur from the surgical Labiaplasty;
- Scarring of tissues
- Reduced sensitivity of the genitalia
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Clot formation in veins
Patients are always welcome to come for the follow-up exam for queries and complications.
Book your consultation now! Call at 954-507-6636