Clitoral Hood Reduction in Miami, FL
The aesthetic appearance of the vagina has become more important to women in recent years, as they have become more empowered to address issues related to their sexual health.
Aging, childbirth, and genetics may impact the size, shape, color, and overall appearance of a woman’s genital organs, leading them to seek a solution.
Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center provides clitoral hood reduction, vaginoplasty, and labiaplasty surgery in Miami and is committed to helping women regain comfort and confidence through sexual wellness treatments.Book Consultation
Are You a Candidate for Clitoral Hood Reduction?
Adult patients suitable for clitoris hood reduction include:
- Women with a prominent clitoral hood that interferes with sexual activity
- Women who are avoiding sexual activity due to a prominent clitoral hood
- Women with an enlarged clitoral hood that causes redness, soreness, and itching
- Women whose clitoral hood has become enlarged due to childbirth, aging, or sexual activity
- Women looking for increased sensitivity during sexual intercourse
- Women looking for increased comfort when wearing tight clothing
- Women who experience genital infections and personal hygiene issues or discomfort during sexual intercourse and while exercising
Why Should I Choose Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center for My Clitoral Hood Reduction?
Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center is equipped with state-of-the-art, advanced technology, and our team is committed to improving and supporting the aesthetic and sexual health of women.
You can count on Dr. Rita Shats’s expertise and extensive training as an aesthetic gynecologist to provide compassionate care while helping you restore comfort and achieve your ideal results.
Clitoral Hood Reduction Benefits
Enhanced Appearance | Increased Self-Esteem | Eliminate Pubic Discomfort
What Is Clitoral Hood Reduction?
Clitoral hood reduction is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to reduce the size and shape of the clitoral hood. This procedure is also known as a clitoral unhooding, clitoral hoodectomy, clitoridotomy, and female circumcision, all of which refer to making an aesthetic improvement in the appearance of the clitoris by removing excess tissue.
It is typically a combined surgery that is included with vaginoplasty or labiaplasty.
How Is Clitoral Hood Reduction Performed?
Clitoris hood reduction surgery often involves a vaginoplasty or labiaplasty.
Before the procedure, a local anesthetic and oral sedative will be administered for comfort. The removal of excess tissue and skin will be accomplished through customized incisions made according to the patient’s unique vaginal anatomy.
In cases of clitoral hood reduction during labiaplasty, the procedure can be achieved through an extended wedge resection.
At Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center, our feminine wellness specialist and aesthetic gynecologist, Dr. Rita Shats, will assess all aspects of your vagina and vulva to determine the ideal technique to trim the excess clitoral hood tissue.
The surgery takes between 45 minutes to two hours, and dissolvable sutures are used to close the incisions.
What Procedures Can Be Combined With Clitoral Hood Reduction?
Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty are most often combined with clitoral hood reduction. For an expanded aesthetic makeover — known as a Mommy Makeover — the following procedures can be added to your treatment plan.
You can also choose from our wide variety of non-surgical treatments, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dermal Fillers.
What Is Recovery From Clitoral Hood Reduction Like?
Immediately after surgery, patients may experience the following short-term symptoms:
- Numbness at the surgical site that should subside after a few days
- Inflammation and tenderness that can be treated with ice packs
- Pain or discomfort that is manageable with OTC or prescription medicines
Post-surgery care is similar to other female genital surgeries, and instructions will include:
- Avoiding sexual intercourse for up to six weeks depending on other surgeries involved
- Avoiding strenuous exercises like weight lifting, running, horseback, or bicycle riding during the recovery period
- Maintaining proper personal hygiene to prevent infection is particularly important
Patients should be able to return to work and resume normal activities two or three days after surgery.
What Results Can I Expect From Clitoral Hood Reduction?
Women report a feeling of increased self-esteem and comfort after receiving a clitoral hood reduction. The procedure is designed to improve the aesthetic appearance of the vulva and eliminate pubic discomfort.
Full results may take six to eight months to see and vary from patient to patient.
Interested in Clitoral Hood Reduction in Miami?
Plus Cosmetic Surgery Center is equipped with advanced technologies, and our highly-skilled specialists are committed to providing exceptional care. If you are interested in learning more about vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, or clitoral hood reduction and live in or plan to travel to the Miami area, contact our plastic surgery practice at 954-507-6636 or fill out our online form to schedule your consultation.