Breast Augmentation Recovery
Posted October 23, 2018 in Blog
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the US. It is an elective surgery and has different stages from breast examination to the recovery process. Once you have had the surgery, your recovery period begins.
The recovery time for breast augmentation varies from patients to patients.
Generally, patients need a minimum of two day’s rest after getting the implants.
Most patients resume their normal activities approximately after a week. The soreness and swelling can persist for at least four to five weeks.
What should you expect after Breast Augmentation Surgery?
It is important to take care of yourself after breast augmentation as your body requires an optimal amount of healing time.
Here are few things you might feel after surgery.
- It is normal if you feel sore or tired after it. Make sure you get enough rest.
- After 24 hours of your surgery you can remove your dressing (of course with your doctor’s permission). Do not remove steri-strips from the top of incisions. They are applied with adhesives and you can wash them without removing them.
- You may feel that your chest is tighter until the skin adjusts to the placed implants.
- Mild bruising and swelling is normal and will gradually subside after a few weeks of surgery.
- To prevent capsular contracture, you may be asked to practice some breast massage techniques. It will help you speed up recovery, and also minimize discomfort.
- Make sure your wear supportive and a soft bra or post – surgical bra for correct positioning of your breasts during recovery.
Following the instructions of your surgeon who has performed breast augmentation in Miami is extremely important if you want a healthy and swift recovery.